Microblading, also known as eyebrow embroidery, is a semi-permanent makeup procedure to correct or fully reconstruct your eyebrows. Microblading will help give you the brows you have always wanted, whether by filling in your natural shape or totally recreating your look!
Benefits of Microblading
Natural, real-looking hair strokes that don’t melt or wash away! Microblading can save you tine on filling in your eyebrows every day, won’t smudge or wear off, and is very safe. This semi-permanent solution for thin eyebrows will help enhance your appearance and frame your eyes.
Microblading and Powder Brows
At Williamson Cosmetic Center, we often use Powder Brows in conjunction with microblading to provide the best possible appearance for your eyebrows. Powder brows uses a machine or hand tool that helps to create an ombre look, as opposed to individual hair strokes.
Using the two together, sometimes referred to as ‘combination brows’, allows our team to create the appearance of natural hair strokes and add in shading through the rest of the brow. Strokes are generally drawn around the edges of the eyebrow where they are most visible, and powder brow shading is used to give the brows full body.
Common Questions About Microblading:
How does microblading work?
Microblading is a technique that manually deposits pigments into the skin using a special pen, creating hair like strokes one by one. The technician will help you decide what shape is best for you and will draw that design on your face before the process begins. Then, the technician will apply a numbing cream to the brow area and begin the procedure using a pigment that matches the shade of your natural brows.
How long does each procedure take?
We allow two hours for the initial procedure which includes the consultation where both color and design are chosen. A perfecting appointment is scheduled 6 weeks later if needed and is at no extra charge. This appointment normally takes about one hour depending on the amount of touch-up needed.
How long do the results last?
Like any customized procedure, results vary from person to person, depending on the skin type, lifestyle and a number of other factors. For most people, results last between 12-18 months. The color will be slightly darker than your hair in the days immediately following your Microblading procedure but will fade to match your natural color in just a short time.
How is Microblading different from tattooing?
Microblading shares some characteristics with tattooing, but is different in that no machines or pre-printed designs are used. Microblading is a very customized and more comfortable procedure. The hair strokes are finer and not implanted as deeply as cosmetic tattoo brows, therefore, Microblading technique is considered semi-permanent.
How to prepare for microblading leading up to your procedure:
- Do not work out the day of the procedure.
- NO alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before the procedure.
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before the procedure. No doctor prescribed medication should ever be discontinued without first consulting your physician.
- Avoid Fish Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, and “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 24 hours prior to the procedure.
- Waxing treatments should be performed no less than 3 days prior to your enhancement.
- Refrain from mood-altering drugs for at least 24 hours prior to any procedure.
- Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
How to care for your brows after you have had the microblading procedure:
- Apply the aftercare ointment given (for the number of days recommended by your technician) with freshly washed hands.
- DO NOT rub, pick or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate. Picking can cause infection, scarring and pigment loss!
- Do not get the brow wet for 7-10 days.
- Please note: Eyebrows will appear bolder due to natural scabbing and healing for the first two weeks. This is very common for all permanent cosmetic procedures.