For those patients seeking a more permanent choice in lip augmentation, Advanta lip implant may be the answer.
THE MANY BENEFITS OF THE ADVANTA IMPLANT INCLUDE:
- The procedure only takes around an hour using a local anesthetic.
- Advanta is made of an inert material, so allergy is not a concern (approximately 5% of the population is allergic to bovine collagen.)
- Advanta comes in many sizes, and more can be added later if further correction is desired. Conversely, the implants can be removed, if desired.
- Studies have shown up to 95% patient satisfaction.
- It’s a permanent alternative to collagen, Alloderm, Cymetra, Restylane and Cosmoderm.
- It is a very effective approach for lip augmentation.
- In some cases, Advanta can be used to treat scars.
- Most importantly, Advanta is soft, natural and permanent.
THIN, FLAT LIPS:
Here, the lips are thin and have no fullness or definition. Often, the upper lip is a straight line with no cupid’s bow. Thin lips are usually the result of your genes, but smoking can be a contributing factor. As people get older, lip tissue tends to break down and the lips become thinner, which is one reason we think of fuller lips as being younger lips.
NO UPPER LIP:
In this case, the upper lip is significantly thinner than the lower lip. A small upper lip may be also the remainder of a cleft lip that was corrected in childhood. Augmentation can be done on the upper lip alone. There is also a surgical procedure called a lip lift that can be done alone or combined with augmentation to create a fuller upper lip.
NO BOTTOM LIP:
Occasionally, the lower lip is significantly thinner than the upper lip, but it is rare. Augmentation of the lower lip can correct this and produce natural-looking results.
What takes place during the procedure?
This lip augmentation procedure is performed under local anesthesia, with or without light sedation, on an out patient basis. The implants are inserted through tiny incisions using a small needle. The procedure can last from 35 to 60 minutes on average.
How long is recovery and what are the possible side effects?
You will experience swelling, some general discomfort, tightness and possibly bruising for one or two weeks. It is possible that the implant may be felt through the lips. Again, healing and recovery are dependent upon patient health and correct follow through on post operative care following the surgery. Complications during this procedure are very rare, especially when performed by a qualified facial surgeon.